1.5 Mile Run
1.5 MILE RUN
- Honest Effort Rule: All test participants are expected to give their personal best effort on each component of the PFE. Failure to comply with this rule on any test component may result in the test being nullified and repeated in its entirety.
- PFE test participants are required to submit their own score sheets to the scoring table. Forms should be filled out completely and signed by the participant once the recorder has finished.
- Equipment: Examiners will need the race clock, a stop watch (for backup), cones, and access to the Roland Hall indoor track (Level 5). The 1.5 mile run is 13.5 laps when measured from lane one. The start and finish lines are marked in black paint. Cones should be set out on the curves and the straightaway to clearly mark the inside of the track.
- Personnel: A timer and a starter. Each cadet taking the test will have a recorder to count laps and record lap times on the lap time card.
- Description: (Examiner Read Description) On “GO”, cover the 1.5 mile course in the fastest possible time. Stay on the track at all times. Pass only on the outside of other runners and only when there is enough space. If you become winded or have a muscle cramp, you may walk but make certain that you stay within the 1.5 mile course. Individuals who take more than three consecutive steps inside of lane one will be disqualified and will repeat the test in its entirety. Vomiting does not excuse an individual from completing the test. Only those individuals taking the official PFE are permitted to run. Individuals are expected to run their personal best and the act of pacing another runner is not permitted.
- Points for Examiners: Examiners and recorders must be in a position to observe the cadets during the entire run. Examiners will monitor the cadet to make sure he/she does not: receive physical help during the event, is not wearing any electronic devices, and that there are no pacers on the track. Recorders will write down the lapsed time for each lap on the lap time card. If a cadet must stop, he or she should report to the sports medicine personnel on duty. Cadets unable to finish the run should mark their cards and scoresheets with “DNF” and report their situation to the director of HPE.
- Scoring: The recorder will fill in the final time of the runner on the official score sheet.
The Male Run equation is: ‐0.230232558*(run in seconds)+211.4325581
The Female Run equation is: ‐0.236907731*(run in seconds)+241.9077307