CAMBRIDGE, Mass.-The number one doubles tandem of sophomore Mark Guentert and Weston Fortna took a convincing victory but the Coast Guard tennis team dropped an 8-1 New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference match-up to #28 MIT on Saturday afternoon.
Guentert and Fortna earned an 8-1 victory at number one doubles but that would be the only win Coast Guard would post on the day. With the victory MIT improves to 7-3 (3-0) on the year while Coast Guard dips to 3-7 (1-2 NEWMAC) with the loss.
Coast Guard will return to action on Wednesday, April 9th when they travel to take on Babson in NEWMAC action at 3:30 pm.
- 1. Edwin Zhang (MIT) def. Robert Renfrow (CGA) 7-6 (3), 6-3
- 2. Kevin Wang (MIT) def. Mark Guentert (CGA) 6-1, 6-0
- 3. Eugene Oh (MIT) def. Weston Fortna (CGA) 6-3, 4-6, 10-7
- 4. Jeffrey Bu (MIT) def. John Lightner (CGA) 6-1, 6-0
- 5. Dennis Garcia (MIT) def. Alex Mead (CGA) 6-1, 6-2
- 6. Alex Jaffe (MIT) def. Townsend Hirst (CGA) 6-2, 6-0
- 1. Guentert/Fortna (CGA) def. Curtis Wu/Wang (MIT) 8-1
- 2. Bu/Garcia (MIT) def. Renfrow/Mead (CGA) 8-1
- 3. Moseley Andrew/Jeffrey Sperling (MIT) def. Lightner/Hirst (CGA) 8-1